Joining the military forces has become more comprehensive than ever before. Not only will you undergo physical training but will also be immersed in certain educational domains. Established by the Department of Defense, the ASVAB Test or Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery is a timed yet well-researched format that encapsulates a high degree of aptitude test. It quantifies the potential capacity of a young adult’s success in military formation and grants a general viewpoint upon determining what army position you’re most suitable with.
It’s worth noting that every branch of the U.S. Military has different minimum standards depending on the intensity of their designation or military disposition. The Army ASVAB Test is one of those standards. However, our free Army ASVAB Practice Test 2021 definitely can help you get a better score on your test!
The Army ASVAB Practice Test, just the same as the real test, has two versions:
- First, is the ASVAB Career Exploration Program (CEP), which is actualized to assimilate proper planning and exploration to specified military careers and correctional facilities. That being said, it is a multifaceted program that pre-defines the aptitude of a high school and community college student.
- Secondly, is the enlistment version provided by a Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS), solely anchored on recruitment purposes.
ASVAB Test Scores and Requirements
- Applicant must be 18 years old. Any age is less than it requires parental consent.
- By standards, the maximum achievable ASVAB score is 99.
- Regarding the Army enlistment, the minimum score must be no less than 31 by means of ASVAB criteria.
- Acquiring particular enlistment bonuses, an Army recruit has to achieve a score no less than 50.
- Medical Screening evaluation is a must in accordance with the Military regulations.
- You must be a bonafide US citizen or those with Legal Permanent Resident certification.
- For non-US citizens, proper documents must be relayed to validate your enlistment choice.
- Unlike other military branches, the Army is less strict with GED (General Education Diploma) recruits. On top of this, a special program signified as Army Prep School is also available for individuals without a GED or high school diploma.
- Nearly similar to the Air Force, the Army also tender recruits for a higher enlistment disposition provided that they have college experience. More so, extending the rank to E-4 for bachelor degree holders.
Army Line Scores
The ASVAB Army test, as well as the Army ASVAB Practice Test, covers a variety of subject domains, and these are:
- General Sciences (GS)
- Mathematical Knowledge (MK);
- Arithmetic Reasoning (AR)
- Electronics Information (EI)
- Word Knowledge (WK)
- Auto and Shop Information (AS)
- Paragraph Comprehension (PC)
- Mechanical Comprehension (MC)
- Assembling Objects (AO)
The following abbreviations signify the included domains with regards to the general classification:
- VE = WK + PC
- CO – Combat skills: AR+CS+AS+MC
- EL – Electrical Cognition: GS+AR+MK+EI
- FA – Field Armament: AR+CS+MK+MC
- GM – Generalized Maintenance: GS+AS+MK+EL
- GT – Generalized Technicalities: AR+VE
- MM – Mechanical Maintenance: AS+EI+NO+MC+
- SC – Survey and Communications: AR+MC+VE+AS
- ST – Skilled Technicalization: GS+VE+MK+MC
- SF – Special Forces: GT ≥ 108, CO ≥ 98
The table below indicates the required minimum ASVAB scores to be assigned on different Army jobs:
|ARMY ENLISTED JOBS||Minimum Line Scores|
|Infantry Enlisted Reservist||CO:87|
|Bridging Crew Personnel||CO:87|
|Trained Driver||GM: ≥ 97/ GT:108/ ST:107|
|Fireman||GM:88 / CO:86|
|Specialized Technical Engineering||ST:101 / EL:93|
|Specialized Masonry & Carpentry||GM:89|
|Geospatial Engineering||GT: ≥100 / ST:100|
|Tactical Artillery Systematized Specialist||FA:94|
|Fire Management Specialist||FA:95|
|FA Surveyor||ST:95 / FA:95 / EL:93|
|Senior Sergeant FA||N/A|
|Battle Operations Specialist||MM:99 / GT:98/ CO:95|
|Air Traffic Control Operator||ST:100|
|Attack Helicopter Repair man||MM:100|
|UH-60/ CH-47 Helicopter Repair man||MM:105|
|Special Forces Recruit||GT:110 / SC:100|
|IT Specialist||ST:95 / GT:90|
|Specialized Radio Interceptor||EL:97 / SC:97|
|Systematic Cyber Network Interceptor||GT:105 / ST:105 / SC: 100|
|Primary Cable System Installation Specialist||EL:90 / SC:90|
|Multimedia Illustrator||ST:96 / EL:96 / GT:95|
|Special Production Consultant||ST:91 / EL:93|
|Combat Documentation Analyst||ST:91 / EL:93|
|Paralegal Consultant||CL:105 /ST:103|
|Cardiologist||ST:102 & GT:106|
|Specialized Pharmacist||ST:95 / GT:95|
|Specialized Veterinary Food Inspector||ST:95, OF: 95|
|Prescribed Medicinal Specialist||ST:101/ GT:100|
|Animal Welfare Specialist||ST:92 / GT:90|
|Specialized Ear, Nose, and Throat Consultant||ST:100 / GT:108|
|Specialized Respiratory Consultant||ST:103|
|Specialized Combat Health Consultant||ST:101 / GT:107 / CO: 100|
|Specialized Mental Consultant||ST:102 / GT: 101|
|Ophthalmologist||ST:105 / GT:108|
|Chemical Management Consultant||ST:101|
|Fire Control Systems Maintenance||EL:96 / GM:89|
|Vehicular Tracking Mechanic||MM:89 / GT:85|
|Construction Gears & Equipment Repair man||MM:92 / GT:86|
|Artillery Mechanics Specialist||MM:95 / GT:88|
|Stryker Systems Maintenance||MM:90 / GT:86|
|Automatic Logistics Consultant||CL:90 / ST: 90|
|Petroleum Laboratory Specialist||CL:87 / OF:85|
|Food Management Specialist||OF:85|
|Mortuary Affairs Consultant||GM:91 / ST:90|
|Water Treatment Adviser||GM:88 / ST: 88|
|Resource Specialist||CL:91 / ST:90|
|LCEMS Repairer||EL:102 / ST:100|
|Air Traffic Control Maintenance||EL:103 / ST: 103|
|Radio & Communication Consultant||EL:102 / ST:102|
|Computer Data Detection Specialist||EL:102 / ST:101|
|Radar Maintenance Specialist||EL:107|
|Integrated Testing Operator||EL:107 / ST:105|
|Specialized Intelligence Analyst||ST:105/ SC:95|
|Ground Surveillance Operator||EL:90 / SC:94|
|Counterintelligence Specialist||ST:105 / SC:100~Q|
|General Language Interpreter||ST:95 / SC:95|
|Senior Sergeant in Human Cognition||N/A|
|Networking Intelligence Interceptor||ST:104|
|Cryptologist/ Linguistic Specialist||ST:94|
|Communications Prime Interceptor||ST:95 / GM: 95|
|Electronic Intelligence Analyst||ST:105 / EL: 100|
|Senior Sergeant in Networking Intelligence||N/A|
|Religious Sector Consultant||CL:90 / SC:90|
|Specialized Biomedical Apparatus Practitioner||EL:107|
|Specialized Surgeon||ST:102 / GT:108|
|Practical Nursing Adviser||ST:100 / GT:106|
|Professional Room Operations Specialist||ST:92|
|Specialized Physical Therapist||ST:101 / GT:107|
|Patient Administration Specialist||CL:90 / GT:91|
|Optical Research Consultant||GM:99|
|Logistical Medic Consultant||CL:91|
|Medical Laboratory Specialist||ST:106|
|Specialized Occupational Therapist||ST:101 / GT:107|
|Food and Diet Consultant||OF:96 / ST:95|
All mentioned army job titles above are just a few accounts of the actual number of military army-saturated career paths. Some may seem familiar but rather than the given minimum ASVAB line scores, there is still a high probability that there are underlying conditions necessary to be considered. Some given jobs with “N/A” line scores signify the particular career’s classified information. Ultimately, keep in mind that even if it’s regarded as the easiest US military branch to join, it still grants a complex deliberation of requirements and eligibility conditions. If you are truly up for the challenge, “LET US JOIN THE SERVICE!”
Army ASVAB Practice Test by ABC Elearning
Now, you’ve got the necessary information, it’s time to practice! Let’s take the Army ASVAB Practice Test. Our 1000+ practice questions are divided into 10 categories as in the real test. Moreover, our unique gamified learning techniques will help you kill your boredom while learning. All you need to do is to practice round by round just like playing a game. Available ASVAB full practice test also lets you familiarized yourself with the real test format! Visit our website or click HERE to start practicing!
Last but not least, never mind connecting with us via email@example.com.