Joining the military is now more comprehensive than it has ever been. You will not only undergo physical training but you will also be engaged in a variety of educational domains. The ASVAB Test, or Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, was created by the Department of Defense and is a timed yet well-researched format that encapsulates a high degree of aptitude test. It assesses a young adult’s prospects for success in military formation and provides a broad perspective on which army post you’d be most suited for.
It’s worth mentioning that, based on the intensity of their designation or military disposition, each branch of the US military has distinct minimum standards. The Army ASVAB Test is one of those standards. However, our free Army ASVAB Practice Test 2022 definitely can help you get a better score on your test!
The Army ASVAB Practice Test, just the same as the real test, has two versions:
- First, is the ASVAB Career Exploration Program (CEP), which is actualized to assimilate proper planning and exploration to specified military careers and correctional facilities. That being said, it is a multifaceted program that pre-defines the aptitude of a high school and community college student.
- Secondly, is the enlistment version provided by a Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS), solely anchored on recruitment purposes.
ASVAB Test Scores and Requirements
To join the Army, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Applicant must be 18 years old. Any age is less than it requires parental consent.
- By standards, the maximum achievable ASVAB score is 99.
- Regarding the Army enlistment, the minimum score must be no less than 31 by means of ASVAB criteria.
- Acquiring particular enlistment bonuses, an Army recruit has to achieve a score no less than 50.
- Medical Screening evaluation is a must in accordance with the Military regulations.
- You must be a bonafide US citizen or those with Legal Permanent Resident certification.
- For non-US citizens, proper documents must be relayed to validate your enlistment choice.
- Unlike other military branches, the Army is less strict with GED (General Education Diploma) recruits. On top of this, a special program signified as Army Prep School is also available for individuals without a GED or high school diploma.
- Nearly similar to the Air Force, the Army also tender recruits for a higher enlistment disposition provided that they have college experience. More so, extending the rank to E-4 for bachelor degree holders.
If you want to grasp more information about U.S Army Ranks In Order and Insignia, click on the highlighted link to collect what you need to know.
Army Line Scores
The ASVAB Army test, as well as the Army ASVAB Practice Test, covers a variety of subject domains, and these are:
- General Sciences (GS)
- Mathematical Knowledge (MK);
- Arithmetic Reasoning (AR)
- Electronics Information (EI)
- Word Knowledge (WK)
- Auto and Shop Information (AS)
- Paragraph Comprehension (PC)
- Mechanical Comprehension (MC)
- Assembling Objects (AO)
The following abbreviations signify the included domains with regards to the general classification:
- VE = WK + PC
- CO – Combat skills: AR+CS+AS+MC
- EL – Electrical Cognition: GS+AR+MK+EI
- FA – Field Armament: AR+CS+MK+MC
- GM – Generalized Maintenance: GS+AS+MK+EL
- GT – Generalized Technicalities: AR+VE
- MM – Mechanical Maintenance: AS+EI+NO+MC+
- SC – Survey and Communications: AR+MC+VE+AS
- ST – Skilled Technicalization: GS+VE+MK+MC
- SF – Special Forces: GT ≥ 108, CO ≥ 98
The table below indicates the required minimum ASVAB scores to be assigned on different Army jobs:
|ARMY ENLISTED JOBS||Minimum Line Scores|
|Infantry Enlisted Reservist||CO:87|
|Bridging Crew Personnel||CO:87|
|Trained Driver||GM: ≥ 97/ GT:108/ ST:107|
|Fireman||GM:88 / CO:86|
|Specialized Technical Engineering||ST:101 / EL:93|
|Specialized Masonry & Carpentry||GM:89|
|Geospatial Engineering||GT: ≥100 / ST:100|
|Tactical Artillery Systematized Specialist||FA:94|
|Fire Management Specialist||FA:95|
|FA Surveyor||ST:95 / FA:95 / EL:93|
|Senior Sergeant FA||N/A|
|Battle Operations Specialist||MM:99 / GT:98/ CO:95|
|Air Traffic Control Operator||ST:100|
|Attack Helicopter Repair man||MM:100|
|UH-60/ CH-47 Helicopter Repair man||MM:105|
|Special Forces Recruit||GT:110 / SC:100|
|IT Specialist||ST:95 / GT:90|
|Specialized Radio Interceptor||EL:97 / SC:97|
|Systematic Cyber Network Interceptor||GT:105 / ST:105 / SC: 100|
|Primary Cable System Installation Specialist||EL:90 / SC:90|
|Multimedia Illustrator||ST:96 / EL:96 / GT:95|
|Special Production Consultant||ST:91 / EL:93|
|Combat Documentation Analyst||ST:91 / EL:93|
|Paralegal Consultant||CL:105 /ST:103|
|Cardiologist||ST:102 & GT:106|
|Specialized Pharmacist||ST:95 / GT:95|
|Specialized Veterinary Food Inspector||ST:95, OF: 95|
|Prescribed Medicinal Specialist||ST:101/ GT:100|
|Animal Welfare Specialist||ST:92 / GT:90|
|Specialized Ear, Nose, and Throat Consultant||ST:100 / GT:108|
|Specialized Respiratory Consultant||ST:103|
|Specialized Combat Health Consultant||ST:101 / GT:107 / CO: 100|
|Specialized Mental Consultant||ST:102 / GT: 101|
|Ophthalmologist||ST:105 / GT:108|
|Chemical Management Consultant||ST:101|
|Fire Control Systems Maintenance||EL:96 / GM:89|
|Vehicular Tracking Mechanic||MM:89 / GT:85|
|Construction Gears & Equipment Repair man||MM:92 / GT:86|
|Artillery Mechanics Specialist||MM:95 / GT:88|
|Stryker Systems Maintenance||MM:90 / GT:86|
|Automatic Logistics Consultant||CL:90 / ST: 90|
|Petroleum Laboratory Specialist||CL:87 / OF:85|
|Food Management Specialist||OF:85|
|Mortuary Affairs Consultant||GM:91 / ST:90|
|Water Treatment Adviser||GM:88 / ST: 88|
|Resource Specialist||CL:91 / ST:90|
|LCEMS Repairer||EL:102 / ST:100|
|Air Traffic Control Maintenance||EL:103 / ST: 103|
|Radio & Communication Consultant||EL:102 / ST:102|
|Computer Data Detection Specialist||EL:102 / ST:101|
|Radar Maintenance Specialist||EL:107|
|Integrated Testing Operator||EL:107 / ST:105|
|Specialized Intelligence Analyst||ST:105/ SC:95|
|Ground Surveillance Operator||EL:90 / SC:94|
|Counterintelligence Specialist||ST:105 / SC:100~Q|
|General Language Interpreter||ST:95 / SC:95|
|Senior Sergeant in Human Cognition||N/A|
|Networking Intelligence Interceptor||ST:104|
|Cryptologist/ Linguistic Specialist||ST:94|
|Communications Prime Interceptor||ST:95 / GM: 95|
|Electronic Intelligence Analyst||ST:105 / EL: 100|
|Senior Sergeant in Networking Intelligence||N/A|
|Religious Sector Consultant||CL:90 / SC:90|
|Specialized Biomedical Apparatus Practitioner||EL:107|
|Specialized Surgeon||ST:102 / GT:108|
|Practical Nursing Adviser||ST:100 / GT:106|
|Professional Room Operations Specialist||ST:92|
|Specialized Physical Therapist||ST:101 / GT:107|
|Patient Administration Specialist||CL:90 / GT:91|
|Optical Research Consultant||GM:99|
|Logistical Medic Consultant||CL:91|
|Medical Laboratory Specialist||ST:106|
|Specialized Occupational Therapist||ST:101 / GT:107|
|Food and Diet Consultant||OF:96 / ST:95|
All mentioned army job titles above are just a few accounts of the actual number of military army-saturated career paths. Some may seem familiar but rather than the given minimum ASVAB line scores, there is still a high probability that there are underlying conditions necessary to be considered. Some given jobs with “N/A” line scores signify the particular career’s classified information. Ultimately, keep in mind that even if it’s regarded as the easiest US military branch to join, it still grants a complex deliberation of requirements and eligibility conditions. If you are truly up for the challenge, “LET US JOIN THE SERVICE!”
Army ASVAB Practice Test by ABC Elearning
Now that you’ve gathered all of the essential knowledge, it’s time to practice! Let’s take the Army ASVAB Practice Test. As in the real test, our 1000+ practice questions are divided into ten categories. Furthermore, our one-of-a-kind gamified learning techniques will help you avoid boredom as you study. All you have to do is practice round by round as if you were playing a game. You may also acquaint yourself with the real test format by using the ASVAB full practice test.
You may practice it offline by downloading it here:
Android: ASVAB Practice Test 2022
Last but not least, don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected] if you have any inquiries.
Pictorial History Of US Navy Uniforms From 1776 To 1967
Follow this article to find out the pictorial history of US Navy uniforms from 1776 to 1976 and beneficial information about US Navy uniforms as well!
Can An Immigrant Join The Army In The United States?
Can an immigrant join the Army? You do not have to be a U.S. citizen to enlist in the Army but you need to meet some requirements. Read this post to know more.
How To Become An Officer In The Navy In 2022?
The role of the U.S. Navy in national defense is more diverse than most people realize. Follow this article to know how to become an officer in the Navy.